Sanitary Silicone & Shower Screen Hinges
What you need to know about the Sanitary Silicone & Shower screen hinges
Shower sealants or bath sealants are a sanitary silicone that protects against water entry in high condensation and wet areas. It was made with fungicides to help prevent the growth of bacteria and fungus and possesses mildew-resistant abilities. All these abilities make it suitable for use to seal shower screens and doors.
Silicone sealant is an essential material. It’s the glue that holds your bathroom together in one piece, ensuring that the space between tiles is waterproof to secure the walls.
Sanitary silicone sealants are cartridges, which are available in different colours. And all these colours are suitable for common mastic or sealant guns.
It helps to offer a permanently flexible, highly efficient waterproof seal. It was designed primarily for sanitary applications, and they possess an effective fungicide for the prevention of mould growth.
They possess permanent flexibility that forms a tight rubber-like seal, which cures faster than conventional low mod sealants. Also, they are known to have low dirt pick up and are waterproof, which provides a superb sound seal for a professional finish.
Sanitary silicone sealants are acetoxy-cure silicone sealant that cures faster. The specially designed fungicidal formula it possesses will never discolour with age or in humid/damp conditions. It will always look new.
Sanitary silicone sealants can be used either in the home or workplace of high humidity or areas subjected to condensation like showers, sealing around baths, basins, and sanitary ware.
Also, it is suitable for sealing worktops, metal, laminates, timber, and PVCu window frames or used as an adhesive for fixing panels, PVCu trims, and any weatherproofing applications.
Benefits of Sanitary Silicone Sealant
- It contains a fungicidal formula that prevents discolouration or ageing even in humid/damp conditions.
- It is suitable for sealing sanitary fittings in bathrooms and kitchens.
- It possesses a fast curing low dirt pick-up.
- It prevents mould growth.
- It is permanently flexible.
- It will never crack, shrink or change colour.
- It provides a waterproof seal.
Why Sanitary Silicone Is the Best Shower Sealant
The accurate silicone shower sealants can fix any cracked, yellow, or mouldy sealant. It possesses excellent elasticity and resistance. It is smooth, easy to use, waterproof, and the final result looks attractive and clean.
Application of Shower Sealant for Shower Doors
If your bathroom is part of the renovations you want to do in your house, it implies that you will need a new shower door and a suitable shower sealant. Tempered glass doors aren’t difficult to clean, and when the sealants are applied accurately, it lasts for an extended time.
Written below is the process by which you can install or repair your shower doors:
- Carefully fit the shower door based on the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Then gently apply silicone sealant vertically on the inside and outside, where the shower enclosure touches the tiled walls. Apply silicone sealant on the outside, at the point where the shower enclosure connects with the shower tray.
- Don’t apply silicone sealant at the base of the inside of the shower enclosure. If the sealant is applied, it may cause water to be trapped inside the frame. And sometimes, it can cause water to leak from joints in the frame and around the glass base.
Areas where Sanitary Silicone Sealant can be Used
- It can be used in sealing areas with a high level of humidity or are subject to condensation.
- It is used as an adhesive for fixing PVCu trims and panels.
- It is used for sealing around baths, showers, basins, and sanitary ware.
- Cap sealing to metal, timber, and PVCu window frames.
Selecting shower screen hinges for your glass screen door is essential. Hinges can either make or break a door.
The Importance of Shower Screen Door Hinges
Shower screen hinges clamp on the glass, and if you use cheap hinges, the door may drop gradually, which could later hit the tiles and explode.
Without the show screen hinge, you may be left with a door that can’t open and close properly, or makes a horrible squeaky sound when you try to open or close it. Also, it may drag on the floor. So, to avoid all these issues, it’s essential you use high-quality hinges for your shower screen door.
Important Things you must consider when selecting Shower Screen Hinges.
In selecting the right hinge for your shower screen, you must first consider your glass’s weight and thickness.
Also, it would be an excellent choice if you considered the door’s width; either you need bifold-opening door hinges, or you want your shower door to be self-closing and also your chosen finish of hinge.
Types of hinges available are:
- Hinges for safety glass with 8, 10, or 12 mm thickness
- Hinges for the thinnest safety glass, about 6 mm.
- Square and beveled bifold shower hinges.
- Glass to glass hinges.
- Bifold hinges that fold back 180º.
- Door to wall hinges.
- Hinges for door weights of 20 kgs, 25 kgs, or 35 kgs.
- Hinges for door widths of 550 mm, 700 mm, or 800 mm.
- 90º shower hinges.
- Self-closing shower screen hinges (that ranges from approximately 25º)
- Dual-action hinges that open both inwards and outwards.
- Custom angle hinges from at least 125º.
November 11, 2020
How important are the fittings and glues used in my glass fence?
Though there is no substantiating proof that Emmert Wolf wrote the quote, “A man is only as good as his tools”, but it is meaningful. Everything we buy costs so much, and perfection is everyone’s goal. When we spend the...Read More
November 11, 2020
What are the most important things to know when getting a quote for glass in your home?
When you have decided to renovate your house, add a pool or granny flat, there is a lot of planning to do. When you are deciding on what electrician to use, plumber and others, you want to use a reputable...Read More
November 11, 2020
Why you need an expert to install glass in your home or business!
Glass surrounds our lives at home, work and just about everywhere! It keeps the weather out, lets the light in and can connect us to the outside. It is no wonder glass has become not just a necessity in some...Read More
Want to receive our monthly product updates?
Yes please! Keep me up to date on the latest products, eCatalogues, inspiration and more